Структура Администрации  Портал Администрации г. Пскова
Комитет по реализации программ приграничного сотрудничества и туризму
 
 

Church of St. Joachim and St. Anne

На главнуюSightseeing → Church of St. Joachim and St. Anne

Church of St. Joachim and St. Anne

The church of St. Joachim and St. Anne is a heritage asset representing the Pskov art of building in its heyday phase. The Yakimanskiy nunnery was destroyed by fire, and a new stone church has been built on its site. The nunnery was abolished somewhere in the end of the XVIII century or in the beginning of the XIX century, the church became parochial. The church of St. Joachim and St. Anne has been subordinate to the Church of St. Nicholas from the Dried Marsh since 1833 and to the Pskov normal school since the end of the XIX century. The church was closed down in 1929. Earlier, on November 10, 1924 Yakimanskiy Lane, which was faced by the church, was renamed Krasnykh Prosveshchentsev Street. After the Great Patriotic War the church was used as a warehouse. In 1947, the church was restored upon the project of Yury Spegalsky and Elsa Stoltzer. 

Revenue house of Berta Graudum

(17 Kalinin Street)

In the beginning of the XX century the house was owned by the family of Karl Graudum. The three brothers – Karl, Otto and Ernst – were council members of the Latvian public meeting in Pskov. The house situated on Uspenskaya (Kalinin) Street was built approximately in 1910. In 1913, the house passed into the ownership of the Pskov petty bourgeoise Berta Graudum.

It is a small revenue house executed in style of civil architecture of the eclectic period. As a residential building, it is notable for its original facade and planning solution. It was typical of the local school of architecture to use limestone and red brick in the XIX – early XX centuries.