Структура Администрации  Портал Администрации г. Пскова
Комитет по реализации программ приграничного сотрудничества и туризму
 
 

Сhurch of Mid-Pentecost, XVI century

На главнуюSightseeing → Сhurch of Mid-Pentecost, XVI century

Church of Mid-Pentecost, XVI century

The church of the Yelezarov convent was built in the XVI century on the old site of another church which existed in 1468 and was mentioned in the chronicles in connection with the fact that it was visited by the Novgorod Archbishop Jonah. In the early XVII century the church was attributed to the Yelezarov convent, where in 1766 the miracle-working icon of the Savior dated XIV century was transferred to from the Great Deserts. The church of Mid-Pentecost has been renovated on several occasions: in 1822, the vaults were replaced with a flat vaulted ceiling; in 1867, the bell cot rising above the church porch was changed to a hipped bell tower. Since 1950 the church had been used by the Pskov restoration workshop. In 1955, the church was handed over to the Russian Orthodox Church, given back to the Yelezarov convent.

House of Lavrinovsky (Detskaya Street, 2)

The house was built in 1908 by the order of Nicolay Lavrinovsky, a provincial marshal of nobility and a chairperson of the Pskov branch of the Russian National Council. The family crest of the noble Lavrinovsky family and the date of the construction can be seen on the attic of the front door. The house represents a sample of a small townhouse of the early XX century in the Art Nouveau style. The house was built on a hill facing the Detskaya Street (former Spasskaya) and the embankment of the Velikaya River. There used to be a garden and … near the house.

The compact architectural composition, asymmetric facades, oval windows, a set of decorative details and forged trellises speak of the skill of an unknown architect, the creator of the mansion. What is particularly attractive about the house is its refinement and portliness of the architectural appearance. The house was damaged during the Great Patriotic War and after restoration was used for housing. Since 1972, the Wedding Palace has been located here.